Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Task


Just decided to write what am I actually doing in Copenhagen for 7 weeks. I am participating in a summer design program with Danish Institute for Study Abroad. The program evolves around lectures, studios, and travel study tours, with minimum free time, lots of work, but fantastic experiences. As of right now we are in our final week of studio work, and our presentations start next Monday. 
Short syllabus summary


I am working on an adaptation of a beer packing and later straw storing building that belongs to Carlsberg brewery. My individual program consists of creating a farmers market and community gardens with some designated room for a restaurant and community cooking room. The idea is to create a space for people rather than machines and to bring out the contrast between industry and nature. So wait a week for a summary about my project.

Carlsberg brewery building

No comments:

Post a Comment